Fae Yule is right around the corner, but before the festivities begin, Massively published some pretty cool info regarding new content that will be part of this year’s Fae Yule holiday event and that will be headed our way in RIFT 2.6. Here’s some of what we found out:
- 2.6 is targeted to release in early February.
- 2.6 will be adding a new crafting profession called Dreamweaving. Dreamweaving will focus on artifacts and dimensions. Specifics haven’t been revealed yet, but from the sounds of it players may be able to use artifacts and craft materials that can be used to create completely new dimensions. In a recent live stream, we were told that Dreamweaving will not be restricted to the cash shop at all.
- We’ll also be getting new raid rifts in 2.6. Could these be our nightmare rifts possibly?
- Both the new raid rifts and Dreameaving will be highly connected to 3.0.
- Crucia’s storyline will finally continue in 2.6 as well, along with the new air saga questline and a few modified questlines in Iron Pine Peak.
- We’ll be getting six new artifact collections to obtain as part of this year’s Fae Yule as well as more decorations around Telara. The artifact sets will only be temporarily spawned as part of completing objectives and killing bosses in the event-specific Instant Adventures.
Speaking of Fae Yule, Tacitus shared some additional details on the forums about what we should expect this year. Keep reading to see an excerpt to the full post.
Originally posted by Tacitus (Source)
Regarding the Fae Yule update, it is actually a lot more work than it sounds. The original event was already quite full. And adding just to add doesn’t exactly make it BETTER – just bloated. That said, a lot of work WAS done – expanding the zone events, rifts, random lootables, and just general decoration into the storm legion zones and hubs is actually quite time consuming. It isn’t a sexy bullet point, but players have been frustrated by events that were not so visible in terms of decoration in the play spaces – like with Autumn Harvest. So some significant time was spent fulfilling that expectation.
The new artifact collecting is tied into the Fae Yule villages and is a mechanic we haven’t utilized much – build up a hub via instant adventure to unlock a layer of special resources available to all for a period of time. In this case, an extra layer of Fae Yule themed artifacts throughout the zone.
And of course, there are new rewards for event currency AS WELL AS new cash shop items (because that is what keeps the lights on).
That said, allow me to manage expectations – world events are never going to be completely rebuilt each year. They will be iterated upon. They are annual events and for most players, it IS new content – new to them. We try to keep adding stuff here and there to freshen them up though for longer term players. The amount of time and resources spent on building the original versions of these events was tremendous. That time is better spent now generating other new content rather than to constantly rebuild a functional event.
He also talked more about the air saga quests in this post.
From the sounds of it, we’ll be seeing a lot more in the way of decorations this year. Hooray! It’s always nice to see our feedback (and my long-winded complaints) being answered in the way of future improvements in holiday events.